Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
We are hiring a Traveling Project Manager
This purpose of this position is to accurately quantify the cost of projects to capture profitable work in support of the company’s get work goals.
• Provides overall management and administration for all assigned projects to ensure the successful completion of the projects safely, on time, within budget, to the satisfaction of the owner and engineers
• Assists in or provides overall account management for assigned accounts
• Aids engineering, estimating, business development and procedure documentation on an as needed basis
• Maintains positive client relationships to leverage future repeat business
• Assume responsibility for the total and profitable management of assigned projects; from budget and scheduling stage to final punch list and completion, to include all coordination of design, purchasing and field production.
• Possess a good working knowledge of standard contract language used in the construction industry.
• Be knowledgeable about prevailing wage law and worker classification guidelines.
• Become familiar with all aspects of the plans, technical specifications and contract language for assigned projects.
• Assist the Estimator in developing the working budget from the Estimator’s original estimate.
• Develop the project schedule and incorporate the labor budget, procurement lead times and contract dates.
• Develop Project Information Sheets for assigned projects.
• Following the lead of the Estimator, prepare a list of major subcontractors and suppliers.
• Maintain the electronic filing system in accordance with standard company procedure for assigned projects.
• Maintain contact information in Procore for the owner, engineer, subcontractors and vendors.
• Solicit supplier and subcontractor quotes for those supplies and services not committed by the Estimator. For large and/or technical solicitations use a well written Request for Proposal.
• Issue written Purchase Orders in a timely manner to protect quoted pricing and to ensure timely delivery of materials and equipment to meet the project schedule.
• Issue written Subcontract Agreements in a timely manner to protect quoted pricing and to ensure that the subcontractor’s materials and crew are available to meet the project schedule.
• Prepare Purchase Orders and Subcontracts in a manner which protects the interest of the company and binds the vendor on price, schedule, quality, safety, documentation, manufacturer services, warranty, spare parts, etc.
• Ensure timely completion of a thorough shop drawing submittal log including the applicable plan sheet, specifications, location, etc.
• Develop the schedule of values and application for payment forms in close coordination with the working budget and project schedule.
• Perform a thorough review of all shop drawing submittals to ensure compliance with the plans and technical specifications and provide overall management of the shop drawing submittal process.
• Ensure that the necessary directional and promotional signs are posted on site.
• Ensure that the appearance and condition of the site presents a favorable image to the client and public.
• Prepare the prevailing wage skill level pay rate form and submit to the payroll department for assigned prevailing wage projects.
• Coordinate with the Project Superintendent in decisions and assignments regarding crew size, equipment type, and construction technique.
• Coordinate with the HR Department and other Project Managers to secure the necessary craft and supervision to progress and complete projects in accordance with the schedule and contract requirements.
• Assist the Project Superintendent in coordinating with foreman and craft workers for reassignments to and from assigned projects.
• Cooperate with the HR Department and other Project Managers for the equitable distribution of human resource talent across all Company projects.
• Ensure well documented coordination with the Owner and Engineer regarding technical issues and general correspondence.
• Develop a plan for temporary facilities and access to the project.
• Develop detailed work plans for complex projects.
• Ensure daily coordination and communication with the Project Superintendent.
• Check daily timesheets to ensure proper cost codes, worker classifications, class codes, workers compensation codes and to ensure compliance with applicable overtime and holiday requirements.
• Assign the applicable job cost accounts and approve A/P invoices for payment.
• Ensure that the appropriate retainage is held on all subcontractor sand suppliers to maintain the appropriate leverage.
• Arrange for timely delivery and return of required rental equipment.
• Process change orders to include the associated budget changes.
• Update the monthly job status report on the 25th of each month and submit to the Controller.
• Meet with the Project Superintendent weekly for schedule review.
• Ensure timely processing of progress payment requests including stored material invoicing.
• Request reduction in retainage at appropriate intervals.
• Update the progress schedule at appropriate intervals and distribute to field supervision.
• Coordinate with the Project Superintendent as necessary to complete the project on time and on budget.
• Coordinate with subcontractors to ensure progress is consistent with the schedule.
• Conduct periodic site visits to ensure safety, quality and progress are appropriate.
• Conduct monthly job site safety audits.
• Coordinate with the Project Superintendent and Field Engineer to ensure that safety issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Coordinate equipment startup services with the equipment manufacturer and/or vendor.
• Assemble the project O&M manual and distribute to the Project Superintendent prior to installation of the equipment.
• Submit the final O&M manual including start up reports, warranties, etc. to the owner and engineering near the end of the project.
• Ensure the timely closeout of assigned projects.
• Ensure receipt of certificates of substantial and final completion in a timely manner.
• Along with the Project Superintendent, serve as the company’s primary representative for assigned projects.
• Maintain a professional working relationship with the owner, engineer, subcontractors and suppliers.
• Cooperate with Senior Project Managers and the Vice President in efforts to standardize company project management procedures.
• Promote and assist in the advancement of the computer knowledge of the field supervision.
• Implement the standard Project Management Procedures adopted by the company for all assigned projects.
• Ensure that Project Superintendents maintain good quality daily logs, as-built drawings and other project related documentation.
• Interface with the Project Superintendent to ensure proper development opportunities for Field Engineers and Foremen.
• Ensure compliance with OSHA safety requirements and maintain proper safety reports and policies on site.
• Ensure adherence to the Substance Abuse program and all company policies.
REQUIRED COMPUTER SKILLS/PROGRAMS:
• Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Microsoft Project
• Primavera P6 Schedule
• Sage Accounting Software
• Procore Project Management Software
• Rhumbix Construction Software and Microsoft Power BI
• Be able to effectively communicate and coordinate with the field supervisory staff, field engineers, assistant project managers, subcontractors and vendors.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or related field preferred
• 5+ years' Project Management experience
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
• Prior project management experience with large-scale projects of $5 to $50 (plus) million involving some or all of the following: site work, foundations, structural steel, process equipment, material handling equipment, process piping, pre-engineered metal buildings and subcontractor management preferred
• Extensive knowledge of construction principles/practices required
• Able to identify project impacting critical issues and challenges
• Ability to negotiate with and manage subs and/or vendors
• Ability to read, understand and interpret agreements, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule
• Thorough understanding of schedules, project budgets, submittals, change orders, and job costing
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to effectively communicate and coordinate with the field supervisory staff, field engineers, assistant project managers, subcontractors and vendors
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications and basic AutoCAD required; Procore experience a plus
• Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Ability to work at a computer for long hours in an office environment.
Management Discretion: The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of Robinson Construction.
Employment at Will: This document does not create an employment contract, either express or implied. All employment is employment-at-will.
Robinson Construction is an EOE/AA Employer