IMMEDIATE OPENINGS FOR CONSTRUCTION MILLWRIGHT FOREMEN IN VIRGINIA!
- COMPETITIVE PAY & PER DIEM
- WEEKLY PAY
- WORK WITH NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED COMPANIES
- Directs and supervises the work of a crew of one or more trades.
- Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantles machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
- Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement, and steel.
- Aligns and positions machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs. Tests machines and equipment and makes necessary adjustments.
- Assembles machinery and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Repairs and lubricates machinery and equipment.
- Selects cables, ropes, chains, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
- Sets up, braces, and rigs hoisting equipment, using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other industrial structures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and construction industrial equipment.
- Skill in the standard use of tools and equipment of the profession.
- Ability to work successfully as a team and independently with moderate supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
- Ability to comprehend and trouble-shoot mechanical systems.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity or cold and wet conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Travel may be required. Must be willing to travel and work from project sites on a nationwide basis for long periods of time.
- Overtime will be required.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Holiday and weekend work may be required.
Must possess and bring the following hand tools to each job site:
· Squares · Levels · Hammers · Pry Bars · Plumb Bob · Wrenches · Allen Keys · Socket- Wrenches · Pliers · Files · Trowels · Snips · Chisels · Pipe Wrenches · Clamps · Reamers
Management Discretion: The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of Robinson Construction.
Employment at Will: This document does not create an employment contract, either express or implied. All employment is employment-at-will.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer