Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include industrial manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
We have an immediate need for Hydraulic Crane Operators!
- Operates equipment which lifts, hoists or moves material for construction purposes.
- Determines load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload.
- Manipulate or depress cane controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions. Works within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Inspects equipment on a daily basis to ensure safe operation before use.
- Inspects and adjusts crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunctions or damage. Place blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
- Inspects cables or grappling devices for wear and install or replace cables, as needed.
- Directs helpers engaged in placing blocking or outrigging under cranes.
- Cleans, lubricates, and maintains mechanisms such as cables, pulleys, or grappling devices, making repairs as necessary.
- Loads or unloads bundles from trucks or move containers to storage bins, using moving equipment.
- Reviews daily work or delivery schedules to determine orders, sequences of deliveries, or special loading instructions.
- Inspects bundle packaging for conformance to regulations or customer requirements and removes and batches packaging tickets.
- Directs truck drivers backing vehicles into loading bays and cover, uncover, or secure loads for delivery.
- Weighs bundles, using floor scales, and record weights for company records.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- May perform a variety of duties including those of other positions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Three or more years of crane operating experience preferred.
- Current NCCCO Certification required for TLL and TSS.
- Current valid driver’s license required.
- Industrial machine licenses (such as a forklift license) preferred.
- Current OSHA 10 or MSHA Certification preferred.
- TWIC card preferred.
- Current DOT physical required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standard crane operation techniques and hand signals.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and construction industrial equipment.
- Skill in the standard use of tools and equipment of the profession.
- Ability to work successfully as a team and independently with moderate supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
- Ability to comprehend and trouble-shoot mechanical systems.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- Forceful movements of the shoulder.
- Repetitive movements as well as static and awkward postures of the neck, shoulder, wrist and low back.
- Vibration of the lower back.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Travel will be required. Must be willing to travel and work from project sites on a nationwide basis for long periods of time.
- Overtime will be required.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Holiday and weekend work may be required.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.