Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
We have an immediate need for Equipment Operators!
- Operates equipment which lifts, hoists or moves material for construction purposes.
- Determines load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload.
- Receive construction materials and deliver them to work sites.
- Identify faults in equipment and take measures to fix them.
- Carryout out minimal repairs on machine when necessary.
- Adhere to safety regulations and report hazards to relevant authorities.
- Adhere to company work policies and conditions.
- Perform maintenance routine on equipment.
- Pack dirt and other waste products from work environment to dumping area.
- Document information of equipment purchase, repairs and maintenance for record keeping.
- Inspect working environment even before work begins to ensure that it is safe.
- Establish good working relationship on site.
- Manipulate or depress controls to regulate speed and direction of equipment and movements according to written, verbal, or signal instructions. Works within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Inspects equipment on a daily basis to ensure safe operation before use.
- Reviews daily work or delivery schedules to determine orders, sequences of deliveries, or special loading instructions.
- Inspects bundle packaging for conformance to regulations or customer requirements and removes and batches packaging tickets.
- Directs truck drivers backing vehicles into loading bays and cover, uncover, or secure loads for delivery.
- Weighs bundles, using floor scales, and record weights for company records.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- May perform a variety of duties including those of other positions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Three or more years of operating experience with equipment such as excavators, skid steers, boom lifts, scissor lifts, backhoes, etc.
- Current valid driver’s license required.
- Current OSHA 10 or MSHA Certification preferred.
- TWIC card preferred.
- DOT physical may be required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation techniques and hand signals.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and construction industrial equipment.
- Skill in the standard use of tools and equipment of the profession.
- Ability to work successfully as a team and independently with moderate supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
- Ability to comprehend and trouble-shoot mechanical systems.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- Forceful movements of the shoulder.
- Repetitive movements as well as static and awkward postures of the neck, shoulder, wrist and low back.
- Vibration of the lower back.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Travel will be required. Must be willing to travel and work from project sites on a nationwide basis for long periods of time.
- Overtime will be required.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Holiday and weekend work may be required.
**For this specific job-site location candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID - 19 prior to arrival on site. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.