Responsible for supervising and coordinating the daily activities for the construction of pre-engineered metal buildings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Experience erecting pre-engineered buildings as well as the installation of structural steel members, bar joists, and decking.
- Candidate must be able to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, shop drawings, as well as other construction related documents
- Accurately aligning and leveling each steel component into place before bolting and welding them into fixed positions.
- Monitor installation for quality issues and work areas to ensure quality work is being completed.
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Use mobile work platforms, ladders, lifts to access elevated work areas
- Operating boom lift and extendable forklift.
- Coordinate equipment needs, ensure operators are qualified and ensure that all equipment is maintained, and repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and supervise construction activities.
- Ability to receive direction and work with and without supervision.
- Ability to run a crew of different sizes depending on the job.
- Maintain construction schedule
- Ability to keep up on all DL Jones Construction paperwork while working on the jobsite.
- Promote and comply with all Company and safety policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Maintain a professional appearance and positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, and other employees.
- Required to travel to different jobsites on a limited notice (150-mile radius from Fargo).
- Able to lift up to 80 lbs. regularly.
- Able to climb up and down stairs regularly.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work at heights without fear.
- Other duties as assigned.