TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE APPLY AT:
SEE UNDERLINED REQUIRED EXPERIENCE BELOW.
Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
Robinson Construction has an immediate need for a Concrete Foreman.
- Experience with water and wastewater treatment plant construction and especially circular clarifies and aeration basins.
- Experience with forming and placing the foundation slabs, circular walls and troughs.
- Experience with slab edge forming, slab bulkhead forms with waterstop, curved wall gang forms, wall bulkhead forms with waterstop.
- Experience with placing slabs and walls with crane and bucket and pump.
- Experience with installing wall pipes, embeds and blockouts.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Three or more years proven Foreman experience required.
- This position will lead a crew to build, set, and finish concrete structures.
- Coordinates with job site Superintendent to configure lay out.
- Works independently to lead a crew in the installation form work, place steel reinforcement, pour concrete, and finish as needed for concrete construction.
- Reads blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements.
- Takes measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed.
- Checks work and repairs or corrects any faults.
- Inspects work for compliance with company quality standards. Requires poor work to be corrected immediately to minimize issues.
- Performs concrete work hands-on in addition to Foreman duties.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- May take on responsibilities of the Superintendent when absent or unavailable.
- May direct and supervise the work of a crew of one or more trades.
- May train or supervise others in job duties.
- May perform a variety of duties including those of other positions.
- Industrial machine licenses (such as a forklift license) preferred.
- Current OSHA 10 or 30 preferred.
- TWIC card preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and its applications.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other industrial structures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Skill in the standard use of tools and equipment of the profession.
- Ability to work successfully as a team and independently with moderate supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Travel will be required. Must be willing to travel and work from project sites on a nationwide basis for long periods of time.
- Overtime will be required.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Holiday and weekend work may be required.
Must possess and bring hand tools to each job site such as:
Tool Belt, Hammer, Tape Measure (30-35"), Chalk Line, Carpenter’s Pencil, Utility Knife, Tin Snips, Nail Puller, Speed Square, Framing Square, Levels/Plumb Bob and Wood Chisel.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.