Requisition ID: 116481
Plan, lay-out, install, test, and perform all process requirements for installation of instrumentation in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards. Fabricate and install conduit, tubing, and piping including the installation of instruments and supports
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work sites
- Replaces or repairs defective parts, using hand tools
- Installs associated support structures, components, and tubing
- Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and framework using hand and power tools.
- Pour concrete into finished forms, finish concrete surfaces to specifications and install all other items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications.
- Install, maintain, test and repair electrical systems including conduits, cables, wires, and related equipment, such as transformers, circuit breakers and switches.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit; weld supports; install cable and duct banks; make terminations.
- Test and start up systems and continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Open switches or attach grounding devices to remove electrical hazards.
- Work with high and low voltage systems.
- Place insulating or fireproofing materials over conductors and joints.
- Identify defective sectionalizing devices, circuit breakers, fuses, voltage regulators, transformers, switches, relays, or wiring using wiring diagrams and electrical-testing instruments.
- Operate a variety of vehicles and large heavy equipment.
- Load gravel, dirt, and sand; smooth and grade roads, spread rock and gravel.
- Assist skilled craftsman to install columns, beams according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Must possess knowledge skills and abilities for position
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision
- Proficient in the safe and efficient use of electrical, hand tools, power tools and layout tools as well as measurement tools
- Must have all required tools
- Must understand electrical hazards associated with transmission and distribution voltage substation construction
- Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
- Observe and comply with all safety and project rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Compensation Range: $30.00/hr to $34.00/hr (Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as licenses/certifications, experience, skillset, and location)
TIC offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans for employees and eligible dependents, paid time off, a voluntary wellness program, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.