Robinson Construction is seeking an Industrial Building Construction Superintendent in Southern California
This position is responsible for directing, coordinating and monitoring activities of construction workers and subcontractors on a construction site. This position collaborates with others to define construction requirements, develop project schedules and conduct safety and quality control inspections. Additionally, the Superintendent anticipates and identifies project issues and risks, proactively communicates identified project issues and risks, presents solutions and confers with project team to resolve problems.
- Directs, coordinates and monitors activities of construction workers on a construction site
- Collaborates with others to define construction requirements and project schedules; controls project scope and budget; modifies project schedule to reflect approved scope changes
- Follows and promotes established project standards, processes and procedures; examines and inspects work progress and construction sites to ensure specifications are met
- Reads drawings and specifications to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures
- Anticipates and identifies project issues and risks, proactively communicates identified project issues and risks, presents solutions and confers with project team to resolve problems
- Enforces conformance to safety and quality standards, processes and procedures; conducts safety and quality control inspections
- Conducts weekly project status/issues meetings (i.e. preconstruction, safety, quality, subcontractor, productivity, schedule, etc.); documents and distributes results
- Records detailed information such as personnel, production, and operational data on construction documents
- Maintains established contractual requirements to manage customer expectations and quality standards; identifies opportunities for improvement
- Maintains positive client relationships to leverage future repeat business
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures
- Ensures the crews are working efficiently and meeting budgets and schedules
- 10+ years' Lead Superintendent experience supervising construction sites of 50 plus employees
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related field a plus
- Relevant prior experience leading large-scale projects of $5 to $50 million
- Knowledge in some or all of these disciplines: site work, foundations, structural steel, process equipment, material handling equipment, process piping, pre-engineered metal buildings and subcontractor management preferred
- Extensive knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work, budgets, cost reports, and project schedules
- Ability to understand and solve complex challenges to present alternative solution(s)
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications, ProCore and Rumbix experience a plus
- 100% travel nationwide, overtime, shiftwork, holiday and weekend work may be required
- Ability to walk the job site, climb ladders and scaffolding, lift loads up to 50 lbs
- Current OSHA or MSHA Certifications preferred.
- TWIC card preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.