Job Position: Construction Manager - Electrical
Purpose: As the Construction Manager, you will play a critical role in the success of our projects. While working under the direction of the Project Manager, you will be a key leader in the management and growth of our field personnel, while being the on-site point of contact for our customers during each phase of construction. With a focus on proper execution of site procedures, safety practices, expense management, and daily project reporting. You will ensure the delivery of a quality product while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Accepts ownership of all job site activities and personnel to include on-site planning, material & equipment management, process execution, and safety.
- Ability to oversee and report daily progress to the project team, ensuring completion on time and within budget.
- Ability to interpret and manage construction activities based on installation standards, project files, drawings, documents & records.
- Lead Benchmarking, shareholder review, and approval activities based on Installation standards.
- Experience with basic project and construction coordination, including planning, scheduling, cost management, change order identification, procurement of material/receiving, and customer relations.
- Ability to manage field personnel and subcontractors to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of construction projects.
- Hold daily “Tailgate” meetings prior to work to discuss job site hazards, JHA completion, daily objections, and best practices.
- Ability to uphold and facilitate our safety policy and the documentation of safety incidents.
- Coach/mentor employees while providing feedback on performance.
- Experience with and ability to implement on-site training for field personnel.
- Development and implementation of project procedures, schedules, and standards.
- Provide technical assistance such as interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods, specify and order materials, tools, and equipment.
- Review employee’s time and expenses ensuring accuracy and accountability.
- Manage crew efficiency and assess task-based time.
- Responsible to communicate conflicts or issues that have the potential to affect the schedule.
- Willing to lead by example and work alongside the field technicians when needed.
- Build and manage a weekly schedule with a forecasted 3-week look ahead.
- Adherence to local labor laws – Journeyman to Apprentice ratios.
- On-site company representative with strong communication skills, responsible for interactions with Inspectors, customers, landowners, OSHA, etc.
- Aid in engineering constructability, design, review, and execution planning.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Site Coordinator(s)
- Site Foreman
- Site Sub-Contractor(s)/Vendors
- The requirements listed in job descriptions are guidelines, not fixed rules. You do not have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If you feel you are an excellent candidate, we encourage you to apply!
- A bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, related field, or equivalent combination of experience/education.
- Knowledge of electrical construction.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Effectively interface with all levels of management, staff, and customers (conference calls, bid walks, etc.)
- Competency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be available to travel extensively (up to 100%) within regional states, including overnight stays for up to weeks at a time if required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and sit for long periods of time
- Must be capable of working in inclement conditions to include extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be physically capable of manually digging & back-filling holes and trenches.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 80 lbs.
- Accessibility: If you need accommodations as part of the employment process, please contact Knobelsdorff Human Resources at 651-923-4970or via email at HR@KEway.com.
Why Work for Knobelsdorff
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. At the beginning KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work, and a commitment to excellence has grown KE into four divisions. Teamwork, and dedication to our core values has expanded our operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. We continue to grow, and drive success with the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start. Join us today!
- We offer our employees a career with plenty of room to grow. We offer customizable training programs, and educational stipends so employees can continue to develop.
- Great benefits with a wide selection of options to choose from. Our benefit package includes a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid health, dental, life, long-term disability, vacation, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with company match
- We offer an unparalleled culture that allows employees a work/home balance that fits their lifestyle choices. We have paid vacation based on years of service, as well as unpaid vacation to meet your own work/life balance choices.
- We have full time work booked years in advance to offer you sustainable employment.
- For more about our culture visit our careers page at https://www.knobelsdorffenterprises.com/careers
Knobelsdorff is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.