Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
We have an immediate need for Millwrights!
- Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantles machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
- Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement, and steel.
- Aligns and positions machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs. Tests machines and equipment and makes necessary adjustments.
- Assembles machinery and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- May operate engine lathe or milling machine to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- Repairs and lubricates machinery and equipment.
- Selects cables, ropes, chains, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
- Sets up, braces, and rigs hoisting equipment, using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- May perform tack welding.
- May train others in Millwright job duties.
- May perform a variety of duties including those of other positions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Three or more years of Journeyman Millwright experience.
- Industrial machine licenses (such as a forklift license) preferred.
- Current OSHA 10 or MSHA Certification preferred.
- TWIC card preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other industrial structures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and construction industrial equipment.
- Skill in the standard use of tools and equipment of the profession.
- Ability to work successfully as a team and independently with moderate supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
- Ability to comprehend and trouble-shoot mechanical systems.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity or cold and wet conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
- Travel will be required. Must be willing to travel and work from project sites on a nationwide basis for long periods of time.
- Overtime will be required.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Holiday and weekend work may be required.
Must possess and bring hand tools to each job site such as:
Squares, Levels, Hammers, Pry Bar, Plumb Bob, Wrenches, Allen Keys, Socket Wrenches, Pliers, Files, Trowels, Snips, Chisels, Pipe Wrenches, Clams, Punches and Reamers.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.