Day & Zimmermann has openings for experienced Mechanics at Shearon Harris Nuclear Power Plant in New Hill, North Carolina for Fall Outage work starting in August.
- Use and properly operate applicable basic hand tools with working knowledge of precision instruments, hydraulic wrenches, and machine shop equipment (i.e. grinders, band saw, drill press, chain falls, shackles, eye bolts, beam clamps, etc.).
- Disassemble, inspect, store, and reassemble plant components as directed by station procedures.
- Remove and install gaskets and packing.
- Torque bolted joints.
- Remove, replace, and properly handle mechanical seals.
- Take critical measurements with a high degree of skill, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Inspect, remove, and install anti-friction/sleeve bearings.
- Care, use, and properly install mechanical seals on various plant equipment.
- Remove and replace hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical valve actuators without damage to equipment (no electrical disconnects).
- Properly lap and refurbish gate, globe, and check valves.
- Disassemble, inspect, and repair pump equipment.
- Use administrative documents, procedures, data sheets/forms properly.
- Handle, clean, and identify parts and pump terminology.
- Practice Foreign Material Exclusion and Housekeeping per station directives.
- Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding.
- 3 years of experience of machinery inspections/repair or related experience in an Industrial environment.
- Nuclear experience not required.
- Pass a nuclear background check.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Lift minimum of fifty pounds over head.
For consideration please email an updated resume through this job posting. For more information please call our Call Center at 888-605-0272.
Day & Zimmermann is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information please visit www.dayzimopenshop.com and select, “Diversity & Inclusion.”