Day & Zimmermann has openings for experienced I&C Technicians at Catawba Nuclear Station in York, South Carolina for Fall Outage work starting in September.
- Proficiency in the maintenance, repair, calibration, testing, and record keeping on power plant instrumentation and control (I&C) equipment.
- Some non-routine work requiring inspection(s).
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot, evaluate, and make decisions.
- Usage of drawings/prints, manuals, and procedures.
- Use an array of different types of tooling and specialized equipment required for I&C work (i.e. VOM, power supplies, calibrators-pneumatic/electronic, deadweight testers, various hand tools, calculator, and pressure gauges).
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and control system (i.e. instrument loops, electronic control systems, equipment) to determine operational problems.
- Gather applicable information, follow administrative procedures, perform tests of loops, evaluate data, and recommends action(s).
- Calibrate equipment/devices/components to meet technical and manufacturing specifications.
- Repair I&C systems and equipment according to appropriate control procedures and return equipment to service.
- Document all system and equipment repairs.
- Perform preventative maintenance on I&C systems and equipment, replace components (i.e. diaphragms, O-Rings).
- Perform independent and component verifications including review of work requests, flow diagrams and procedures.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- 5 years of working experience in instrumentation and control
- 3 years nuclear experience OR a previous outage worked at Duke Energy or an Associates’ degree OR higher in electronic engineering, technology, or related field.
For consideration please email an updated resume through this job posting, or fax to 757-233-7541. For more information please call our Call Center at 888-605-0272.
Military Veterans encouraged to submit a resume. Your military experience may qualify in lieu of industry experience. For additional information regarding military resources please follow this link: http://www.dayzimopenshop.com/VeteransResources
Day & Zimmermann is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information please visit www.dayzimopenshop.com and select, “Diversity & Inclusion.”