Location: Columbus, MS
Pay Rate: Up to $29/Hour
Systems is looking for an experienced millwright that is ready to hit the ground running in Columbus, MS! This position is long term.
We are a family-owned company with over 50 years experience of designing, building, and maintaining steel mills. We have always looked for employees who desire a career, not just a job with a company, and we have strived to be the kind of company that people want to stay with long-term. Not only is it our motto but it is our true belief that, “Our Employees Make The Difference”.
General Millwright Job Responsibilities:
- Install, align, and adjust mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components using manual, pneumatic and electrical tools
- Carry out on-site drilling, tapping, threading, welding operations, any other operations as required by supervisor.
- Check and fill out the different steps in the inspection report progressively as machine components are assembled
- Use different lifting and manual handling tools as needed
- Assembles machines and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools
- Operate lathe to grind, file and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications. May repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
Benefits – Company subsidized health insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid vacation, and opportunities for continuing education, such as NCCER certifications and our in-house Welding Training Program.
General Millwright Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret project plans, blueprints, and other written instructions and diagrams in order to perform tasks accurately.
- Ability to read and interpret measuring tools such as, tape measure, speed square, framing square…etc. in order to perform task accurately.
- Ability to move machinery and equipment using; hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Ability to assemble and install various types of equipment and machinery using hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to do lay out of control/Center lines and shoot elevation, a Master Journeyman needs to be able to do both.
- Ability to set up and use optical equipment to check plum and/or elevation of machinery and equipment per drawing specifications.
- Ability to construct foundations for machinery and equipment using building materials such as, wood cement, and steel.
- Ability to align motor and equipment alignment using various methods and tools including but not limited to: feeler gauges, squares, rules, micrometers, plum bobs, dial indicators, laser alignment, etc.
Experience and Requirements:
- Previous millwright experience in an industrial setting is preferred
- OSHA Approved Met-Guard boots (annual company allowance provided)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
So, do you think you have what it takes to join The Systems Family? Apply Now at https://careers.tsg.bz/