We have an immediate need for Ironworkers!
- Safety Focused Work Environment
- Competitive Wages and Per Diem
- Weekly Pay
- Overtime Potential
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Exciting Work with Nationally Known Clients
- Reads specifications or blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, or sizes of material required.
- Fabricates metal parts, such as steel frames, columns, beams, or girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Unloads and positions prefabricated steel units for hoisting as needed.
- Hoists steel beams, girders, or columns into place, using cranes or signaling hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural steel members.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of structural steel members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, or levels.
- Cuts, bends, or welds steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, or welding equipment.
- Forces structural steel members into final positions, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, or hand tools.
- Pulls, pushes, or pries structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Bolts aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
- Assembles hoisting equipment or rigging, such as cables, pulleys, or hooks, to move heavy equipment or materials.
- Dismantles structures or equipment.
- Assists other craft workers as needed or assigned.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
Must possess and bring hand tools to each job site such as:
Spud wrenches, Hammers, Squares, Reamers, Bolt Bags, Connecting Bars, Wrenches, Measuring Devices, Clamps, Pry Bars, Sockets, Wedges, Tool Holders, Bull Pins, Pliers, Levels and Tie Wire Reels.
Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.