We have an immediate need for Apprentices!
No experience necessary - this is the perfect opportunity to learn the construction trades!
- Safety Focused Work Environment
- Competitive Wages and Per Diem
- Weekly Pay
- Overtime Potential
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Exciting Work with Nationally Known Clients
- Assists all trades in construction activates by utilizing critical thinking skills to accomplish tasks at hand.
- Erects and dismantles scaffolding.
- Demolishes buildings and dismantle forms, along with setting up pumps and hoses.
- Removes projections from concrete using a variety of mechanized and hand tools and equipment.
- Signals operators of construction equipment (such as cranes and diggers) to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery.
- Digs trenches using spades and other equipment by ensuring that they conform to length and width specifications.
- Levels earth to fine grade specifications and ensure that extra soil / earth is stored or piled in designated areas.
- Mixes, grades, and pours concrete in appropriate quantities into existing frameworks by following provided instructions.
- Clears work sites by removing debris and hazardous materials to make them ready for construction work.
- Installs and removes barricades to provide assistance in ensuring worksite safety.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- May perform a variety of duties including those of other positions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous experience in a construction environment preferred.
- Current OSHA or MSHA certification preferred.
- TWIC card preferred.
- Performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Must have excellent stamina.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity or cold and wet conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals or waste.
- Travel will be required. Must be willing to travel and work from project sites on a nationwide basis for long periods of time.
- Overtime will be required.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Holiday and weekend work may be required.
Must possess and bring the following hand tools to each job site:
Locking pliers (vice grip) 10", adjustable wrench (crescent wrench) 12", 25' Tape Measure, Lineman Pliers, Retractable Utility Knife, 20 oz. Carpenter Hammer, Screwdrivers (1 Phillips and 1 straight) medium size, Leather Tool Belt, and Leather Work Gloves.
Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.