Intermediate to fully proficient position that fabricates precision parts for equipment working from sketches, drawings, and/or blueprints. Performs a variety of duties, standardized assignments, and projects of basic to moderate complexity, using some independent judgment and established procedures and policies.
- Setup and operate a variety of machine tools to machine compressor parts.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances with precision measuring instruments (calipers, depth mics, OD mics, ID mics) etc.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as manual lathe, manual mill, lapping table, and grinders.
- Perform disassembly, cleaning, inspection, measuring, reassembly, and testing of valves and packing glands.
- Work closely and communicate with management, co-workers, and customers to ensure timely and successful completion of jobs.
- Able to read and understand blueprints and/or drawings.
- Able to use air tools such as impact gun, cutoff wheels, etc.
- Need to be detailed oriented (able to follow processes and procedures)
1. Recognizes and complies with Health, Safety and Environmental rules and policies that are applicable to each location.
2. Candidate must have excellent safety record, implement company safety program, and positive safety attitude.
3. Participate fully in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) program.
4. Participate in Behavior-Based Safety programs (BBS).
5. Report all incidents immediately to supervisor.
6. Participate fully in the client's incident reporting and investigation program as well a customer’s incident reporting and investigation program
7. Participate fully in site specific Emergency Action Plans.
Education: • This position requires a High School diploma or its equivalent preferred.
• Vocational or technical education preferred Experience:
• Level I: 1-2 years’ experience as a machinist in a prototype shop environment Purpose Duties and Essential Functions HSE Essential Functions Job Requirements
Hourly is $25 Mon-Fri
Perdiem is $40 is daily X 7days