Responsible for service and maintenance of gas engine compressor packages and associate equipment for multiple applications
Education: · High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Vocational School or Associated Degree preferred Experience:
· Minimum five years' experience in the field or certificate of completion from acceptable trade school or military training and experience in related field Skill Requirements:
· Valid driver’s license
· Read, write, speak, and understand basic English
· Successfully comply to and complete the OSHA required Respiratory Questionnaire process with a Licensed Health Care Provider
· Currently comply with and/or be able to successfully complete Health Safety training
· Must be able to provide his/her own small hand tools as directed by Operations Management.
· Ability to identify workplace Safety, Health and Environmental hazards and how to eliminate or mitigate such hazards.
· Basic understanding of Gas & Oil properties, conditions, and theories.
· Basic understanding of Compressor and Production Equipment types, models, and theory of operation. · Basic understanding of Installation, Assembly, Commissioning, Trouble Shooting and Repair procedures related to gas compressors and production equipment.
· Knowledge of Pressure Ratings, Piping Schedules, Safety Systems rated to installation and commissioning of gas compressors and production equipment.
· Thorough understanding of tooling utilized to install, maintain, and operate Gas Compressors and Production Equipment.
· Construction site Health, Safety and Environmental work practices and procedures.
· Ability to Read/Write/Communicate in English.
· Ability to decipher P&ID's, Blueprints, Installation Instructions, and Technical Manuals.
· Strong mechanical ability related to Assembly and Disassembly.
· Strong Aptitude to Trouble Shoot and Repair malfunctioning equipment.
· Proficient in computer skills necessary to submit detailed reports, documentation and utilize OEM Soft/Firm ware related to commissioning. This position will entail other duties as assigned. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job: · Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
· Works overtime. 10-12-hour days.
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with the use of proper lifting techniques and procedures.
· Stand, walk, climb, perform overhead work with fall protection, use hands to feel, handle or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms, sit, talk and hear.
· At least 20/40 arrested binocular vision, as well as close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to kneel, balance, push, pull, drive, stoop, climb, and crouch.
· Perform duties while using respiratory protection such as:
· SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus) in potentially hazardous environments
· APR (air purifying respirator) outfitted with cartridge filters used while painting
· Particle masks used while buffing and/or grinding
· Must be able to conform to customer-required physical and medical standards. Note: Service Tech III travels locally more than a shop mechanic.
Hourly is $40 Mon-Fri