- Interpret Compressor Performance runs and other OEM Software.
- Provide higher level of preventative and corrective field mechanical service on gas compression, process, and/or production equipment on site at client locations.
- Complete troubleshooting and repairing equipment, packages, and systems.
- Provide labor, guidance, and coordination required for immediate repair needs and major equipment overhauls and operation.
- Identify and address equipment, package, and plant inefficiencies/issues.
- Install and perform minor and major overhauls on all equipment.
- Maintain knowledge of electrical systems and maintenance and service on them.
- Takes initiative and fulfills duties consistent with company standards, policies, and controllable expense budget.
- Provide input to Supervisor on personnel and materials needs to provide optimal job planning.
- Provide leadership and training to new Field Technicians.
- Assist in equipment Start-up/Commissioning.
- Maintain knowledge of Purging and loading practices/procedures.
- Performs the job activities in a manner consistent with the project’s goals and objectives; Stops activities that are unsafe for personnel or the environment when they occur or about to occur.
- Complete proper reports/actions required by the location's operating policies including the completion of Daily Service Reports.
- Review job parts & supply inventory to minimize investment while maintaining a sufficient level to insure proper job performance.
- Fill in as a supervisor and/or Lead Field Service Technician when needed.
Recognizes and complies with Health, Safety and Environmental rules and policies that are applicable to each location.
two. Participate fully in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) program.
three. Participate in Behavior-Based Safety programs (BBS).
four. Report all incidents immediately to supervisor.
five. Participate fully in incident reporting and investigation program as well a customer’s incident reporting and investigation program Purpose Duties and Essential Functions HSE Essential Functions pg.
six. Participate fully in site specific Emergency Action Plans.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Vocational School or Associated Degree preferred Experience:
- Minimum five years' experience in the field or certificate of completion from acceptable trade school or military training and experience in related field Skill Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license
- Read, write, speak, and understand basic English
- Successfully comply to and complete the OSHA required Respiratory Questionnaire process with a Licensed Health Care Provider
- Currently comply with and/or be able to successfully complete Health Safety training
- Must be able to provide his/her own small hand tools as directed by Operations Management.
- Ability to identify workplace Safety, Health, and Environmental hazards and how to eliminate or mitigate such hazards.
- Basic understanding of Gas & Oil properties, conditions, and theories.
- Basic understanding of Compressor and Production Equipment types, models, and theory of operation.
- Basic understanding of Installation, Assembly, Commissioning, Trouble Shooting and Repair procedures related to gas compressors and production equipment.
- Knowledge of Pressure Ratings, Piping Schedules, Safety Systems rated to installation and commissioning of gas compressors and production equipment.
- Thorough understanding of tooling utilized to install, maintain, and operate Gas Compressors and Production Equipment.
- Construction site Health, Safety and Environmental work practices and procedures.
- Ability to Read/Write/Communicate in English.
- Ability to decipher P&ID's, Blueprints, Installation Instructions, and Technical Manuals.
- Strong mechanical ability related to Assembly and Disassembly.
- Strong Aptitude to Trouble Shoot and Repair malfunctioning equipment.
- Proficient in computer skills necessary to submit detailed reports, documentation and utilize OEM Soft/Firm ware related to commissioning. This position will entail other duties as assigned. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
- Works overtime. 10-12-hour days.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to sixty pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds with the use of proper lifting techniques and procedures.
- Stand, walk, climb, perform overhead work with fall protection, use hands to feel, handle or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms, sit, talk, and hear.
- At least 20/40 arrested binocular vision, as well as close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to kneel, balance, push, pull, drive, stoop, climb, and crouch.
- Perform duties while using respiratory protection such as:
- SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus) in potentially hazardous environments
- APR (air purifying respirator) outfitted with cartridge filters used while painting
- Particle masks used while buffing and/or grinding
- Must be able to conform to customer-required physical and medical standards.
Hourly is $32hr Mon-Fri
Perdiem $40x7 days