Day & Zimmermann has openings for experienced Pipe Fitters at Oconee Nuclear Station in Seneca, South Carolina for Fall Outage work starting in October.
- Maintain, fabricate, and repair equipment/components.
- Demonstrate and understand requirements of specialty welding (i.e. purging, FME controls, pre-heat, post-weld heat treatment, heat distortion, etc.).
- Clean, inspect, disassemble, and repair a variety of mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
- Utilize required tooling (i.e. hand tools, piping and fitting take-offs, power tools, and other basic equipment).
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings and blueprints.
- Record data on required forms.
- Demonstrate “Good House Keeping” practices in work areas.
- Understand and practice “Industrial Health and Safety” procedures.
- Develop an awareness of ALARA principles, specific security requirements, and the importance of observing both the Westinghouse and Customer license requirements.
- Complete basic and indoctrination training on all equipment, machines, and procedures required.
- 3 years of experience as a Pipe Fitter in an Industrial environment.
- Nuclear experience preferred.
- NCCER+ preferred.
- High School diploma or GED.
For consideration please email an updated resume through this job posting, or fax to 757-233-7541. For more information please call 888-605-0272.
Military Veterans encouraged to submit a resume. Your military experience may qualify in lieu of industry experience. For additional information regarding military resources please follow this link: http://www.dayzimopenshop.com/VeteransResources
Day & Zimmermann is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information please visit www.dayzimopenshop.com and select, “Diversity & Inclusion.”