1210- Kennedy Space Center, FL
• Establish means of verifying requirements implementation, including acceptance criteria.
• Prepare system and facility design criteria documents.
• Develop Human Factors requirements
• Review design products for implementation of Human Factors Principles
• Support system-level design verification, requirements verification, test requirements specification, and requirements flow down and traceability.
• Perform impact analyses for proposed requirement changes.
• Perform assessments to validate and verify implementation and traceability of requirements into design.
• Participate in technical discussions to resolve system design issues.
• Research and document system operations and limits from the review of design and basis documents and from discussions with system designers.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Knowledge of industry /regulatory codes and standards, and design criteria pertinent to the systems engineering and human factors discipline.
• Level 1: Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering or another engineering field from an accredited university or college with at least 6 years of relevant technical experience or in lieu of a degree, 12 or more years of relevant experience.
• Level 2: Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering or another engineering field from an accredited university or college with at least 9 years of relevant technical experience or in lieu of a degree, 15 or more years of relevant experience.
• US Citizenship or Permanent Resident of the US.
• Must have or be able to obtain Engineer-In-Training (EIT) within 12 months of hire.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain any security clearances required for this position.
• Possess an awareness of national codes and standards, environmental regulations, and their influence on design.
• Experience facilitating multi-discipline meetings to resolve technical and related requirements compliance issues.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
• Familiarity with implementation of requirements in design.
• Experience in performing design and/or requirements change impact analysis.
• Experience with MIL-STD 1472G DOD Design Criteria Standard – Human Engineering.
• Experience with HF-STD-001 FAA Human Factors Design Standard.