Location: Berkeley, SC
Pay Rate: Up to $30/Hour
Hours: 50/Week + Additional When Needed
Systems is looking for an experienced Pipefitter that is ready to hit the ground running in Berkeley, SC! Must be able to read blueprints, lay out various sizes of pipe, fit Tees, 90’s, 45’s and offsets to-print, while figuring proper take-take outs. This position is long term.
We are a family-owned company with over 50 years experience of designing, building, and maintaining steel mills. We have always looked for employees who desire a career, not just a job with a company, and we have strived to be the kind of company that people want to stay with long-term. Not only is it our motto but it is our true belief that, “Our Employees Make The Difference”.
Pipefitter Job Responsibilities:
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksite to determine presence of obstructions.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using reciprocating saw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine, and/or other small hand tools.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machine.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Observes and complies with all safety and project rules and all company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as required.
Benefits – Company subsidized health insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid vacation, and opportunities for continuing education, such as NCCER certifications and our in-house Welding Training Program.
Pipefitter Qualifications / Skills:
- Always attentive to detail and alert to ensure safety
- Ability to receive and follow instructions and communicate with co-workers
- Ability to read labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
- Ability to calculate take-outs
Experience and Requirements:
- Pipefitting in an industrial setting is preferred
- OSHA Approved Met-Guard boots (annual company allowance provided)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
So, do you think you have what it takes to join The Systems Family? Apply Now at https://careers.tsg.bz/