Job Position: Electrical Estimator
Purpose: You will develop take-offs from client or company supplied construction documents, gather pricing from electrical suppliers, and company internal departments to price equipment, components, and electrical supplies. Includes pricing all peripheral items, such as permits, bonds, equipment, etc.
- Experience with the development of complete and accurate electrical estimates for commercial, industrial, and solar projects.
- Work alongside the Project Manager to assist with bid presentations for clarification to the client.
- Experience with preparing comprehensive bid packages for submittal to the client.
- Monitor the win/loss ratio on bids to determine success rates and improve bidding strategy and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance such as interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods, specify and solicit quotes on materials, tools and equipment.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines under pressure.
- Experience using electrical estimating software to conduct takeoffs. Accubid estimating software experience preferred.
- Competency in Microsoft applications to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records in our project system.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skill.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Willing to attend bid walks and site visits requiring limited travel.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- The requirements listed in job descriptions are guidelines, not fixed rules. You do not have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If you feel you are an excellent candidate, we encourage you to apply!
- Background in electrical estimating, engineering, construction management, be a licensed electrician, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of prior electrical estimating experience, or a combination of education, estimating, and/or field experience. Photovoltaic experience is a bonus.
- A knowledge of electrical construction and/or automation.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and sit for long periods of time
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Accessibility: If you need accommodations as part of the employment process, please contact Knobelsdorff Human Resources at 651-923-4970or via email at HR@KEway.com.
Why Work for Knobelsdorff
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. At the beginning KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work, and a commitment to excellence has grown KE into four divisions. Teamwork, and dedication to our core values has expanded our operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. We continue to grow, and drive success with the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start. Join us today!
- We offer our employees a career with plenty of room to grow. We offer customizable training programs, and educational stipends so employees can continue to develop.
- Great benefits with a wide selection of options to choose from. Our benefit package includes a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid health, dental, life, long-term disability, vacation, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with company match
- We offer an unparalleled culture that allows employees a work/home balance that fits their lifestyle choices. We have paid vacation based on years of service, as well as unpaid vacation to meet your own work/life balance choices.
- We have full time work booked years in advance to offer you sustainable employment.
- For more about our culture visit our careers page at https://www.knobelsdorffenterprises.com/careers
Knobelsdorff is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.