Purchasing Specialist- Richland, WA/ Cape Canaveral, FL
Performs duties in purchasing, including bidder prequalification, bidder lists, bid solicitation, bid analysis, negotiation and commitment of purchase orders. Performs administration of purchase orders following commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications, or supplementary commercial conditions. Develops and monitors purchasing master pro-forma documents for both domestic and international projects. Participates in the planning, work hour calculations and budgeting as it relates to project purchasing activities.
• Reports to and receives operational direction from the Purchasing Supervisor.
• At jobsite locations, reports to and receives operational direction from the Acquisition Services Manager.
• May provide supervision, training and guidance to other purchasing personnel as required.
• Maintains working relationships with project Procurement personnel and project discipline personnel in order to perform assigned duties.
• Maintains working relationships with those bidders and suppliers involved with the performance of assigned tasks.
• Maintains contacts with global business unit personnel, including functional supervisors, to maintain an awareness of the performance and operating problems of contractors on other Bechtel jobs, and to coordinate the development of problem resolutions, of claims settlements, and other contractual matters