Day & Zimmermann has openings for experienced Painters at Surry Nuclear Power Plant in Surry, Virginia for Fall Outage work starting in September.
- Prepare interior and exterior surfaces and apply paint coatings to associated plant structures, equipment, and parts.
- Perform sandblasting to remove scale, sand, grease, tar, rust, dirt, and any other substances from metal or hard-composition surfaces.
- Set up and operate painting and blasting equipment.
- Erect and use power suspended scaffolds and ladders.
- Work with an array of paint types and equipment (i.e. latex, enamel, epoxy, polyurethane, lacquer, rollers, grinders, sanders, sandblasters, pressure washers, etc.)
- Mix paint to required specifications.
- Read and understand coating manuals and safety product data sheets.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in an industrial and/or power plant environment.
- Proficiency in manual and mechanical paint removal methods.
- Pass a nuclear background check and drug screening.
- High School diploma or GED.
For consideration please email an updated resume through this job posting, or fax to 757-233-7541. For more information please call 888-605-0272.
Military Veterans encouraged to submit a resume. Your military experience may qualify in lieu of industry experience. For additional information regarding military resources please follow this link: http://www.dayzimopenshop.com/VeteransResources
Day & Zimmermann is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information please visit www.dayzimopenshop.com and select, “Diversity & Inclusion.”