Oak Ridge, TN
• Performs expediting activities on the UPF Project in compliance with Project Procurement and Expediting Procedures.
• Ensures the timely delivery of approvals, materials and equipment to meet the project needs.
• Manage complex packages while maintaining our security procedures.
• Manage PEX & AEX assignments and perform supplier visits, as needed.
• Ability to supervise direct reports and manage assigned workload
• Review the issued purchase order / subcontract to understand the requirements in order to support the project requirements.
• Participate in weekly scheduling meetings and provide updates
• Expedite internal engineering for the timely review and return of approval documents / data submitted by suppliers.
• Contact / Expedite suppliers to obtain timely submission of engineering data, follow up on material acquisitions, production schedules and shipments.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with engineering and suppliers to review and discuss potential problem areas that may impact required shipment dates.
• Bechtel Procurement System (BPS) and Supplier Performance Database in a timely manner ensuring the information is accurate.
• Coordinate with individuals across many departments, such as Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Supplier Quality, Project Controls, Traffic Logistics and Document Management Control to ensure the purchase order / sub-contract is progressing to support job site requirements.
• Evaluate production schedules and progress reports from suppliers to determine if their programs and work-in- progress are on track to support jobsite requirements.
• Obtain copies of supplier’s orders for material, performs sub-supplier expediting, where necessary and work closely with Supplier Quality Representative to ensure awareness of materials subject to quality performance and their locations of manufacture.
• Review Project Expeditor workload and oversee the review of Area Expeditor reports for content, completeness and appropriateness prior to distribution to project team. Takes corrective action on problems identified during review of any problematic PEX and AEXs report.
• Maintain a working file of expediting related documents and memoranda of conversations to record expediting activities. Maintains a system to initiate follow-up actions at appropriate times. Provides leadership guidance to PEXs and supports the Expediting Manager to maintain timely information to support the project’s construction schedule.
• Provide guidance to the PEXs for the resolution of UOS&Ds (missing materials, damages, shortages, etc.)
• Work with Material Management and T&L to support arrangements of timely deliveries to the project in support of the construction schedule activities.
• Obtain required information from shipping companies in a timely manner and coordinate with T&L and site security for driver’s acceptance on site.
• Build effective working relationships and interact with supplier and other project departments.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related subject and 6 years of progressive related experience including but not limited to, Procurement, preferably in an EPC environment. Or in lieu of degree, 12 years of progressive related experience including but not limited to, Procurement, preferably in an EPC environment.
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment, education and travel.
• Must be able to obtain site security badge for access to work site.
• Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and experience in implementing FAR and applicable Agency Supplements as required by the prime contract
• Skilled in working with and communicating effectively both orally and in writing with other project functional groups, suppliers and government officials.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the formation and administration of purchase orders and subcontracts.
• Basic Understanding of Government Contracts and flow down of applicable clauses and requirements.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Power Point.
• Working knowledge and understanding of scheduling activities during design and fabrication stages