Ironworker / Fitters are needed for performing shipyard work at Huntington Ingalls Newport News Shipbuilding in Newport News, VA. If you have 4+ years of fitting, ironworking, fabrication experience we encourage you to apply to this excellent opportunity to be part of the construction of the newest United States Navy Aircraft Carriers.
1. Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
2. Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
3. Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
4. Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
5. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
6. Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
7. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.).
8. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
9. Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
Tack Welding - optional
Must be a U.S. citizen and applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Must be able to pass a background check and a hair follicle (HFT) drug test.
Must be able to work any shift. Must have reliable transportation.
Resumes are REQUIRED for consideration.
This position offers:
* Top dollar wages- $38.00 to $45.00 per hour ($45 wage applied if classified as "Advanced" shipfitter)
Thank you for your interest!