We have an immediate need for Structural Welders!
- Reads and interprets project plans, blueprints and other written instructions and diagrams to perform task at hand.
- Performs welds on steel, carbon steel and possibly other alloys based on project needs.
- Field install welds, including all positions with various processes including SMAW.
- Selects proper fillers for jobs based on previous experience or project instructions.
- Coordinates with field labor crew for efficient installations.
- Conserves resources whenever possible to ensure budgetary integrity and client satisfaction.
- De-burs and grinds metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- See and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity or cold and wet conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals or waste.
Must possess and bring hand tools to each job site such as:
Hammers, Chipping Tools, Grinders, Welding Hood, Welding Gloves, Stingers, Clamps, Pliers and Brushes.
Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.