BHI Energy is searching for an Onsite Field Machinist for the upcoming spring 2021 outage with one of our key clients.
Must have strong field experience on tight clearances and working in either Pulp & Paper or Fossil Power Generation pants Must have documented experience on Field Machining w/ boring bars and boring machines on project scope to include, but not limited to turbine casings (outside shell of the turbine unit), pumps, motors, valves, and related equipment.
Travel will be throughout the US with active outages middle of February 2021 into April 2021 in locations to include GA, AL, NC, IN, HI, NV, VA, and others.
The Onsite Field Machinist position should be able to work on all types of machine shop & field equipment including different horizontal / vertical milling machines, boring bar / boring machines. This position requires the knowledge and proficiency to set up and operate machine shop equipment in a safe manner and in varying field applications on Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, and Industrial plants. Must have knowledge and documented experience Field Machining on Turbine Casings, Pumps, Valves, and related Balance of Plant (BOP) equipment with tight clearances.
1. Use and properly operate applicable basic hand tools, precision instruments, hydraulic wrenches, calibrated tools and equipment, machine stop equipment such as grinders, band saw, drill press, etc. chain falls, shackles, eye bolts, beam clamps, etc.
2. Take critical measurements with a high degree of skill, accuracy, and efficiency.
3. Perform machining operations to blue prints or shop drawings, holding close tolerances.
4. Setup and operate shop equipment, including: engine lathes, vertical boring machines, horizontal boring machines, vertical/horizontal milling machines.
5. Safely operate customer vehicles, including forklifts.
6. Perform proper lifting/rigging tasks.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
8. Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment.
9. Ensures proper documentation as specified on Test & Inspection Plans and Work instructions.
10. Notifies non-conformances and tags / segregates non-conforming items.
11. Ensures equipment calibration, proper usage of equipment and right material incorporated.
12. Plan and prepare erection work including necessary tools and consumables.
13. System walk downs, inspection of carried out work and handover within requirements.
14. Must be willing to travel globally on short notice, and for extended periods of time during outage seasons; and the willingness to work weekly schedules that are not uniform on a day-to-day basis.
15. Knowledge in different Gas Turbine and Steam Turbine Machining Scopes.
* Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
* Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).* Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
* Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
* Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
* English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
* Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
* Time Management - Managing one's own time
* Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
* Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
* Operations Analysis - Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a plan or solution.
* Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
* Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
* Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of vessels.
* Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
The essential functions of this position consist of spending long periods of time in the physical activities of standing, walking, climbing, lifting, carrying, twisting, kneeling, stooping, bending and crouching as required. This position also involves handling equipment ranging in weight from 1-100 lbs. Work may also be performed in adverse environmental conditions such as confined spaces, high temperature areas, and elevated heights. The prevailing physical demands this position is medium to heavy. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to don the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.
* Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
* Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
* Ability to read complex documents in the English language
* Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
* Ability to write complex documents in the English language
* Capacity to express thoughts orally
* Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
* Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
* Ability to walk job site
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED or equivalent reading and math skills. Three (3) years of experience working in a Power Generation / Industrial / Pulp & Paper. / Fossil Plant facility.
Must have basic OSHA Safety Training and be able to satisfy all badging requirements. Must follow safe work practices and wear required personal protective equipment. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with co-workers, Supervisors, and Owner"s staff to ensure safe and quality job completion for all assignments.
Must be able to use administrative documents, procedures, and data sheets/forms properly. Must be able to practice Foreign Material Exclusion and Housekeeping per station directives. Must be able to read and interpret procedures and drawings.
Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential.
Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures.
Must be available to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed. Must be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening, as well as BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required.