Requisition ID: 126341
Coordinate, direct and oversee a crew of individuals working in the construction of drilled shafts, secant/tangent pile walls, tremie concrete placement, micro piles, tie back anchors and other assorted foundations work
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Supervise, direct and line out/communicate daily tasks for crew members and the items/tasks that need to be completed that day.
- Attend daily planning/safety/quality meetings and communicate with the superintendent and field engineer what they need to complete the work laid out for them
- Assist in running some small equipment if need be from time to time
- Stay in front of needs of the crew whether it may be rigging, small tools, safety supplies etc.
- Read plans, specifications, work plans and other documents and be able to then communicate what they are saying to crafts people
- Have the ability to identify unsafe conditions or acts and stop them and correct the situation before it can become an issue
- Ensure that work is being built in accordance with the specifications laid out in the contract documents.
- Execute the daily plan that they are involved with creating
- Oversee and train new crafts people in all aspects of the work they are responsible for. This type of work includes: drilled shafts, secant and tangent pile construction, micropile work, tie back anchors, jet grouting etc.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Previous years of experience in the field or in a related area may prove more sufficient than other educations
- Must possess strong working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
- Must understand crane working restrictions based on load charts
- Strong understanding and background of identifying correct rigging for loads, appropriate rigging hitches, identifying insufficient/non compliant rigging
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with supervision and crafts people
- Physically fit to perform duties required and extended hours daily
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
- Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Working foreman with the ability to fill in and perform all crew members jobs in the instance one is absent from work
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.