The Systems Group is looking for an energetic individual to be our Fabrication and Machine Shop Manager in Blytheville, AR. We are looking for someone to provide the day-to-day direction of our shop but to also be part of the big picture and contribute to the long-term strategy of our operations in Northeast Arkansas. Our company mission statement is, “Engineered Solutions for a Safer, More Productive Steel Industry”. The person that we select for this position must believe in that mission and be committed to the success of our Fabrication and Machine shop which is a key component of our overall business.
We believe in giving people the opportunity to be successful which has resulted in us developing our “Keys to Success”: 1. TEAMMATES need to know expectations and have the information, materials, tools, equipment, and training to perform their jobs safely and productively. 2. Then TEAMMATES need to be held accountable. In a nutshell, we will give you the opportunity and what you need to be successful and then expect you to perform. We expect you to do the same with your Teammates. You must be committed to Making a Difference.
- First and foremost, keep our Teammates SAFE! Safety starts at the top and we expect the person in this position to be a driving force in our safety program and own the responsibility of keeping our Teammates safe. This includes the following at a minimum:
- Enforce company safety policies and ensure shop employees are up to date with safety training.
- Maintain the shop to provide a clean and safe working environment.
- Participate in and/or lead daily safety meetings including JHA meetings with shop personnel.
- Deliver our customer’s value, which requires a focus on QUALITY. Nothing gets out the door that does not meet the highest quality standards and we always meet our delivery commitments and budgets.
- Sale and estimate work. You must keep your shop loaded.
- Focus on profits. Monitor your cost and meet budgets for direct and indirect costs.
- Work closely with our other facilities to make sure the work or portions of work you have under contract are done at the facility best equipped to deliver the highest quality at the lowest cost.
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly schedules and assign work to shop employees.
- Maintain shop tools and equipment and evaluate, and suggest methods for improving equipment, processes, efficiency, or operating conditions.
- Communicate closely with customers, project managers, and field employees.
- Maintain inventory control of shop materials/equipment.
- Coordinate the shipping and receiving of materials, parts, or products.
- Research new products and tools used in fabrication and machining.
- Work the hours necessary to meet deadlines.
- Document information and conversations relevant to projects.
- Follow paperwork flow and procedures to manage the shop, deal with customers and follow company policies
- Interview and train other employees and evaluate their performance.
- Perform additional duties as directed by upper management
- Five years of experience in a custom metal fabrication facility and/or machine shop.
- Must be computer literate and current on new technology. (i.e. Microsoft office)
- Must be a team worker and lead by example.
- Time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Estimating Machine Shop work and/or Plate Fabrication work is a must.
- Knowledge of manual plate bending rolls and press brake bending equipment is a plus.
- Knowledge of welding procedures…SMAW, GTAW, FCAW, GMAW a plus
- Knowledge of CNC lathes and milling machines.
- Knowledge of manual lathes and milling machines.
So, do you think you have what it takes? Apply Now at https://careers.tsg.bz/