Day & Zimmermann has openings for experienced Pipefitter Helpers at Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant in Glen Rose, Texas for Spring Outage work starting in April.
• Maintain, assemble, fabricate, troubleshoot, and repair piping systems carrying water, steam chemicals, and fuel in heating, cooling, lubricating, and other process piping systems.
• Cut, bend, thread, and fabricate piping.
• Fabricate and install pipe hangers.
• Distinguish between different types of piping, fittings, and couplings.
• Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and other related equipment by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
• Prepare connections and install piping, mechanical fittings, supports, hangers, anchor bolts, couplings, valves, pumps, and other associated equipment.
• Remove and replace worn components.
• Utilize required tooling (i.e. saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders, benders, and machining equipment).
• Read and understand drawings, design specifications, procedures, and codes.
• 1-3 years of Pipefitter Helper experience.
• Pass a nuclear background check and drug screening.
• High School diploma or GED.
For consideration please email an updated resume through this job posting, or fax to 757-233-7541. For more information please call 888-605-0272.
Military Veterans encouraged to submit a resume. Your military experience may qualify in lieu of industry experience. For additional information regarding military resources please follow this link: http://www.dayzimopenshop.com/VeteransResources
Day & Zimmermann is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information please visit www.dayzimopenshop.com and select, “Diversity & Inclusion.”