Day & Zimmermann has openings for experienced Riggers at Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant in Glen Rose, Texas for Spring Outage work starting in April.
• Responsible for rigging, loading, unloading, and moving materials and equipment.
• Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move and support materials.
• Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability.
• Splice wire and rope cables to make slings, block, and tackle devices.
• Assemble rigging devices such as cranes and winches.
• Attach grappling devices for holding cargo to cranes and winches.
• Guide cargo being moved using guide ropes.
• Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings and confined spaces.
• Read and understand required procedures, rigging instructions, etc.
• Select gear (i.e. cables, pulleys, winches) in accordance to load weight and size, facilities, work schedules, etc.
• Assemble and install supporting structures, rigging, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools.
• Fabricate and repair rigging (i.e. slings, tackle, ladders) using hand and power tools.
• Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures (i.e. beams, ceilings, gin pole booms) with bolts and clamps.
• Attach rigging load to provide support, prepare for moving/using hand and power tools.
• Signal and give verbal directions to workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and materials.
• Dismantle, maintain, and store rigging equipment.
• Align, level, and anchor machinery.
• 3 years of experience as a Rigger.
• Pass a nuclear background check.
• High School diploma or GED.
For consideration please email an updated resume through this job posting, or fax to 757-233-7541. For more information please call 888-605-0272.
Military Veterans encouraged to submit a resume. Your military experience may qualify in lieu of industry experience. For additional information regarding military resources please follow this link: http://www.dayzimopenshop.com/VeteransResources
Day & Zimmermann is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information please visit www.dayzimopenshop.com and select, “Diversity & Inclusion.”