Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
We have an immediate need for Pipefitter Foremen!
- Oversees pipefitting on the construction project from beginning to end. Ensures a project meets specifications and quality standards, within budget and on schedule.
- Continuously monitors project productivity, identifying problems and potential delays, and provides solutions to overcome such issues.
- Inspects work for compliance with company quality standards. Requires poor work to be corrected immediately to minimize issues.
- Schedules daily manpower activities; organizing workers and ensuring they are performing work as required.
- Ensures contractors fully execute and comply with contracted scope of work.
- Ensures work schedules are maintained and the time records are completed properly and submitted in a timely manner.
- Generates project progress reports and upcoming schedules.
- Follows the budget in terms of purchases and records the costs for materials and work done. Looks for ways to reduce costs.
- Solves field disputes in a courteous and professional manner in the best interest of the project.
- Liaises with government inspector on the standard requirements of the site in terms of licenses and safety.
- Performs general inspection of the workers, including individual performance and safety.
- In liaison with Foremen, ensures completion of employee performance reviews at termination or the end of the project.
- Participates in hands-on work to complete the job.
- Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and adjusts budgets, contributes to budget planning.
- Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and adjusts budgets, contributes to budget plan.
- Inspects work for compliance with company standards. Requires poor work to be corrected immediately to minimize quality issues being placed on the punch list.
- A solid understanding of the company's Safety First philosophy and practice.
- May take on responsibilities of the Superintendent when absent or unavailable.
- May perform a variety of duties including those of other subordinate positions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- 3 or more years of experience in industrial construction supervision required.
- Industrial machine experience (such as a forklift) preferred.
- Current OSHA 10 or MSHA Certification preferred.
- TWIC card preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
- Working knowledge of tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other industrial structures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Basic technology efficiency i.e. computers, email and cellular phones.
- Skill in the standard use of tools and equipment of the profession.
- Ability to work successfully as a team and independently.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
- Ability to comprehend and trouble-shoot mechanical systems.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Travel will be required. Must be willing to travel and work from project sites on a nationwide basis for long periods of time.
- Overtime will be required.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Holiday and weekend work may be required.
Must possess and bring hand tools to each job site such as:
Levels, Clamps, Wrenches, Hammers, Pliers, Sockets, Squares, Measuring Tapes, Gauges, FLUPS, Protractors, Spacing Wedges, and Calculator.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.