Immediately Hiring doe Sheet Metal Carpenters!!!
- Reads blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Connects pieces or secures seams by riveting, rolling, soldering, or using steel screws
- Installs insulated metal panels as directed
- Takes measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Builds scaffolding and other construction structures
- Assists other craft workers as needed or assigned
- Inspects work sites for obstructions or holes that could cause structural weakness
- Checks work and repairs or corrects any faults
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Experience with Insulated Metal Panels preferred
- Knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and its application
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other industrial structures
- Skill in the standard use of tools and equipment of the profession
- Ability to work successfully as a team and independently with moderate supervision
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints
· Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precisionUse hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction)
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or GED preferred.
· Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program preferred.
· Three or more years proven construction carpentry experience required.
· May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
· May be exposed to loud noises.
· Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
· May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.