Kittery, ME, US
Requisition ID: 148492
Plan and safely execute preventive maintenance and repairs all types of construction equipment in accordance with all applicable manuals, specifications, codes and industry standards. Assure that all construction equipment works efficiently, safely and is in compliance with the company Preventative Maintenance Program.
• Read and understand plans and specifications, which includes the Operator's Manuals and applicable technical bulletins.
• Use appropriate hand and power tools to repair, replace or perform maintenance on equipment
• Receive equipment assigned to the job and document the condition; set this equipment up on a regular service and inspection schedules
• Organize a library of reference material, equipment files, and backlog schedules
• Evaluate a timetable to assure certifications such as for cranes and commercial vehicles
• Assist equipment operators in effectively using the Daily Walkaround Report
• Assist the project with the generation of an accurate Equipment Locator
• Assure the efficient, clean and safe fueling and oiling of equipment
• Assure that equipment leaving the job is Job-ready for the next assignment
• Document with the Off-Hire Report.
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Must possess strong working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
• Proficient in the safe and efficient use of electrical, hand tools, power tools and layout tools as well as measurement tools
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must have all required tools
• Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.