Lovelock, NV, US
Requisition ID: 149260
The Driver will load and unload materials and deliver to, from and within work sites as required. This position requires a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
• Operate medium to large sized trucks, transporting materials between company work sites using private roads and driving on public highways.
• Load and unload trucks, using other equipment as necessary, such as forklifts.
• Secure cargo for transport, using rope, blocks, or covers.
• Obtain proper and complete documentation prior to moving materials.
• Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
• Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle safety inspections and report any defects, damage, or repairs needed.
• Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or fluids.
• Maintain logs of working hours, or of vehicle maintenance, following applicable state and federal regulations.
•May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
•Must possess working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
•Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
•Ability to use hand tools, power tools and layout tools safe and efficiently.