Position Title: Painter
Position Reports To: Foreman
A Painter shall perform or assist in the blasting and coating duties as required per the job scope. A Painter shall also perform general site work such as loading and unloading equipment and materials, site clean-up and preparation, mobilization and demobilization to and from the jobsite, and general construction tasks.
Follow verbal directions as required to perform duties and responsibilities as listed below. Heavy lifting will often be required to perform tasks. Must be able to kneel, squat, and climb. Must be able to perform required duties for extended periods of time inside confined spaces, often with breathing equipment required. Must be able to tolerate extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare and paint a variety of surfaces including ferrous and non-ferrous metals, aluminum, and concrete while ensuring that the finish coatings are to mil spec requirements.
2. Utilize various coating and lining equipment including airless spray equipment and plural component pumps.
3. Utilize sand blasting, grit blasting, and other various surface preparation equipment.
4. Clean up of work area, supplies, materials and equipment.
5. Work unsupervised in an efficient and effective manner.
6. Communicate regularly with the Field Foreman with regard to issues and concerns on the job site.
7. Responsible for ensuring that work continues in the Foreman’s absence.
8. Comply with all Apache safety policies and programs.
The following qualifications shall be ascertained by Apache Management. Some qualifications may be measured by interviews with Apache management, employees, and/or previous employers.
A Painter should be aware that Apache has a comprehensive drug policy and program
in place, which includes random testing.
Level I –
1. Has 1 year uninterrupted service with Apache.
2. Possesses knowledge regarding the techniques related to the safe use, storage and disposal of paint and cleaning products.
3. Experienced with the installation and repair of tank products.
4. Has proven ability to follow instructions and work efficiently.
5. Proven ability to work safely and follow all safe practices and procedures.
6. Has shown ability to maintain good housekeeping on the jobsite.
7. Has maintained a reliable attendance record.