Position Title: Carpenter
Reports To: General Foreman/Superintendent
Location: Beaumont, TX
Position Summary: Carpenters are responsible for constructing, building and installing scaffolding structures.
- Read prints, specifications and both written and verbal instructions as required to perform duties and responsibilities as listed below.
- Follow directions of Scaffolding Foreman to understand the scope of work and bring to their attention any potential problems and issues.
- Carpenters are to fulfill all requirements outlined in the Apache Safety Manual, site specific requirements, and customer specific requirements.
- Ensure that all Apache and customer specifications, guidelines, and programs are being followed and documented as required
- Ensure that work is being performed in a manner that is consistent with Apache, client and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that EVERY individual scaffold component is thoroughly inspected to verify good condition and integrity. Any defect encountered will require removal of services.
- Ensure that all scaffolds are erected/dismantled in accordance with industry standards and manufacturer, OSHA, Apache and client’s recommendations/requirements.
- Ensure that completed scaffolds are thoroughly inspected prior to tagging.
- Update scaffold-tags at the beginning of each shift, or more frequently if required.
Minimum 3 years of experience in the industry
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
Ability to complete required paperwork
Ability to lift heavy items, squat and climb
Ability to perform required duties for extended periods of time
Ability to tolerate extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
Ability to maintain basic field equipment such as air compressors, man lifts, forklifts and etcetera.
Ability to interpret erection drawings
Strong team player with a positive attitude
Demonstrated commitment and strong attendance record