Day & Zimmermann is hiring experienced Mechanics with HVAC at Cooper Nuclear Station in Brownville, Nebraska for outage work.
• Use and properly operate applicable basic hand tools with working knowledge of precision instruments, hydraulic wrenches, and machine shop equipment (i.e., grinders, band saw, drill press, chain falls, shackles, eye bolts, beam clamps, etc.).
• Disassemble, inspect, store, and reassemble plant components as directed by station procedures.
• Remove and install gaskets and packing.
• Torque bolted joints.
• Remove, replace, and properly handle mechanical seals.
• Take critical measurements with a high degree of skill, accuracy, and efficiency.
• Inspect, remove, and install anti-friction/sleeve bearings.
• Care, use, and properly install mechanical seals on various plant equipment.
• Remove and replace hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical valve actuators without damage to equipment (no electrical disconnects).
• Properly lap and refurbish gate, globe, and check valves.
• Disassemble, inspect, and repair pump equipment.
• Use administrative documents, procedures, data sheets/forms properly.
• Handle, clean, and identify parts and pump terminology.
• Practice Foreign Material Exclusion and Housekeeping per station directives.
• Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding.
• 3 years of experience as a Mechanic in an Industrial environment.
• HVAC experience preferred, but not required.
• Nuclear experience not required.
• Pass a nuclear background check.
• High School diploma or GED.
For consideration, please email an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Mechanic – Cooper” in the Subject heading of your email, or fax to 757-233-7541.
For more information, please call 888-605-0272.
Military Veterans encouraged to submit a resume. Your military experience may qualify in lieu of industry experience. For additional information regarding military resources please follow this link: http://www.dayzimopenshop.com/VeteransResources
Day & Zimmermann is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit www.dayzimopenshop.com and select, “Diversity & Inclusion.”