hipfitter/Welder positions in Marinette, WI
1) Lays out and fabricates metal structural parts, such as plates, bulkheads, and frames, and braces them in position within hull of ship for riveting or welding: Lays out position of parts on metal, working from blueprints or templates and using scribe and hand tools.
2) Read blueprints
3) Locates and marks reference lines, such as center, buttock, and frame lines.
4) Positions parts in hull of ship, assisted by RIGGER.
5) Aligns parts in relation to each other, using jacks, turnbuckles, clips, wedges, and mauls.
6) Marks location of holes to be drilled and installs temporary fasteners to hold part in place for welding or riveting.
7) Installs packing, gaskets, liners, and structural accessories and members, such as doors, hatches, brackets, and clips.
8) May prepare molds and templates for fabrication of nonstandard parts.
9) May tack weld clips and brackets in place prior to permanent welding.
10) May roll, bend, flange, cut, and shape plates, beams, and other heavy metal parts, using shop machinery, such as plate rolls, presses, bending brakes, and joggle machines.
Must have reliable transportation.
The location of this job is Marinette Marine in WISCONSIN
Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
Must have own tools.
FCAW Fillet -Steel 3f & 4F
SMAW Fillet Steel 3F &4 F
Single Pass fillet.
5 years of experience is a requirement.
Please submit resume for consideration
Shipfitter - No local - $21.00 plus $150.00
Aluminum Welders - $26.00 plus $150.00
Long Term Position- 1 YEAR contract
Trade Team and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers. we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views, or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.