• Reads specifications or blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, or sizes of material required.
• Fabricates metal parts, such as steel frames, columns, beams, or girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
• Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting as needed.
• Hoists steel beams, girders, or columns into place, using cranes or signaling hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural steel members.
• Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of structural steel members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, or levels.
• Cuts, bends, or welds steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, or welding equipment.
• Forces structural steel members into final positions, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, or hand tools.
• Pulls, pushes, or pries structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
• Bolts aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
• Assembles hoisting equipment or rigging, such as cables, pulleys, or hooks, to move heavy equipment or materials.
• Dismantles structures or equipment.
• Assists other craft workers as needed or assigned.
• Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
Robinson Construction is an EOE/AA Employer
Please apply at www.robinsonconstruction.com/join-our-team. For questions please contact us at email@example.com