Position Title: Helper
Position Reports To: Foreman
Helper shall perform or assist in all general site work such as loading and unloading equipment and materials, site clean-up and preparation, mobilization and demobilization to and from the jobsite, and general jobsite tasks. May assist Foreman and/or Craftsmen in multiple business lines (Insulation, Paint/Coatings, Fireproofing, Refractory and Scaffolding).
Follow verbal directions as required to perform duties and responsibilities as listed below. Heavy lifting will often be required to perform tasks. Must be able to kneel, squat, and climb. Must be able to perform required duties for extended periods of time inside confined spaces, often with breathing equipment required. Must be able to tolerate extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time.
1. Follow instructions about general construction tasks.
2. Work in an efficient and effective manner.
3. Perform or assist with insulation removal, scaffold material handling as well as coatings and general material, tools and supplies movement around the jobsite as directed by Craftsmen and Supervision. This will frequently require working with hand tools and other labor-intensive equipment.
4. Perform or assist with job cleanup, inspection, and repair.
5. May be asked to operate heavy equipment such as forklifts, aerial lifts, and trucks. Documented training must be completed, and approved by Apache Safety Management, before operating any heavy equipment.
6. Communicate regularly with the Craftsmen and Field Foreman about issues and concerns on the job site.
7. Comply with all Apache, client and regulatory safety policies and programs
Job Type: Full-time