Delta, UT, US
Requisition ID: 152583
Assists land survey Party Chief in surveying earth's surface to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, land division, titles, or other purposes.
• Participate in planning, diagramming and layout for surveyor work
• Perform manual labor related to surveying needs, such as cutting brush for lines, carrying stakes, and/or pins and right of way markers delineate features of all phase’s construction project.
• Assist in the task of establishing elevations and or grades as required
• Install or mark neatly elevations as instructed by the Surveying Journeyman
• Measure distances manually with survey chains using a plumb bob and maintain survey chains to insure accuracy and consistency
• Accurately set up items associated with electronic measuring and sighting and perform these actions as needed
• Operates and maintains survey tools and instruments
• Inspects work to ensure that survey work is conducted in conformance with applicable standards.
• Estimate sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
• Inspect subordinate's work for compliance and/or deficiencies
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Must possess strong working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
• Proficient in the safe and efficient use of electrical, hand tools, power tools and layout tools as well as measurement tools
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must have all required tools
• Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.