Position: Iron worker (Traveling)
Company: Loenbro Industrial Construction
Reports to: Superintendent
Location: Billings, MT
Position Overview: Loenbro is looking to hire iron workers with experience in the structural steel erection industry. Loenbro offers a competitive hourly rate and benefit package. Candidates must be able to pass company pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Careers - Loenbro
- Reports to and receives assignments, instructions, and direction from the Superintendent/Foreman.
- Reads and interprets instructions and documentation and plans work activities.
- Guides member, using tag line in order to guide it into position.
- Pull, push or pry steel members into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
- Forces members into final position, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks and hand tools.
- Aligns bolt holes in steel member using drift pins or spud wrenches.
- Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work site.
- Removes, repairs, and replaces or installs a broad range of structural components and assemblies in support of plant construction and maintenance activities.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and housekeeping activities.
- Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Appropriately and safely use a variety of hand and power tools including: turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and other tools.
- Other duties as assigned
- Welders must be able to pass AWS D1.1 and AWS D1.8 Test
- Posses all required tools for the trade
- Read and interpret basic blueprints
- Use all safety and personal protective equipment for the purpose intended.
- Ability to work in conditions common to a construction site including but not limited to rain, sleet, snow, dust, mud, heat, sun, cold, and noise.
- Previous experience safely using a variety of hand and power tools including: turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and other tools.
- Lifting necessary equipment and materials up to 50 pounds
- Pulling up to 80 pounds
- Ability to crawl into and on uneven spaces
- Walking on uneven surfaces
- Ability to work outside majority of the time in various weather conditions
- If driving is required, valid driver license and proof of insurability is required. All drivers are subject to a DMV background records search.
- Health Insurance- Up to 80% of the Employee portion paid
- Health Savings Account (HSA) optional enrollment
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after waiting period
- 401k after 90 days of employment with a company match up to 4% (Employees are 100% vested after 90 day waiting period.)
- Employee paid Dental, Vision, Life and Accident Insurance
We are “Leading the Change” in the energy services industry. Our growth and successes have not changed who we are. We live our core values every day:
WE TAKE ACTION
WE DO WHAT WE SAY
WE LEAD BY EXAMPLE
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
WE PRACTICE STEWARDSHIP
*Loenbro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.