Company: Loenbro Industrial Services
Reports To: Job Foreman
Supervises: Welder Helpers
Location: Billings, MT
Position Overview: Loenbro is looking for experienced Welders to join our team. We are looking for hardworking professionals who enjoy meeting challenges and surpassing customer expectations. The ideal candidate will have a background in welding to complete jobs for customers on time and on budget. Looking for long-term candidates who are looking for a secure and rewarding company to grow with.
This position will plan, lay-out, weld, install, test and repair all types of pipe and similar tubular products in accordance with applicable plans, specifications, welding codes, and industry standards.
Careers - Loenbro
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on industrial oil refining piping and associated structures.
- Supervise and train welder helpers.
- Develop a complete understanding of contract plans and specifications, and plan, lay-out, install and/or repair all types of pipe in accordance with those plans and specifications.
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost-saving measures that arise or that may encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
- Properly choose filler metals and construction material to complete assignments.
- Observe functioning of installed equipment or systems to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications, and industry standards.
- Be motivated and work productively and safely.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience or Formal Training:
- Prior welding experience in the construction, mining or related industry or prefer a two-year vocational-technical degree.
- Must have working knowledge of various welding codes and specifications.
- Must be familiar with properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
- Welding processes most commonly used are SMAW, FCAW, and GMAW.
- Other processes utilized are Oxy-Fuel Welding and Cutting.
- Ability to work in conditions common to a construction site including but not limited to rain, sleet, snow, dust, mud, heat, sun, cold, and noise.
- Ability to work irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work up to a 12-hour shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Climb and maintain balance on formwork, steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
- Move in and around confined and cluttered places, and uneven areas.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on a regular basis.
- Climbing up and down stairs and ladders to both get in and out of trenches and up to elevated platforms (scaffolding at significant heights)
- If driving is required, valid driver license and proof of insurability is required. All drivers are subject to DMV background records search.
- Health Insurance- Up to 80% of the Employee portion paid
- Health Savings Account (HSA) optional enrollment
- Paid Time Off after waiting period
- 401k after 90 days of employment with a company match up to 4% (Employees are 100% vested after 90 day waiting period.)
- Employee paid Dental, Vision, Life and Accident Insurance
We are “Leading the Change” in the energy services industry. Our growth and successes have not changed who we are. We live our core values every day:
WE TAKE ACTION
WE DO WHAT WE SAY
WE LEAD BY EXAMPLE
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
WE PRACTICE STEWARDSHIP
*Loenbro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.