Per Se Group has an immediate opening for a Turnaround Buyer to work as a contractor for one of our Oil & Gas clients in Corpus Christi, TX. As a Turnaround Buyer you will provide procurement support for the turnaround group in an effort to complete the turnaround on time and on budget.
$50-$60/hour + $700/week per diem
- Obtain vendor quotes for each BOM or other material request.
- Set up vendors for use through vendor prequalification system and maintain vendor relations.
- Select and negotiate with approved vendors and evaluates vendor reliability.
- Obtain materials from suppliers at the lowest cost, with consideration to quality, reliability and urgency of need.
- Issue purchase orders upon receipt of requisitions on an expeditious manner.
- Schedule deliveries and follows up on orders to expedite delivery and shipment as needed.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Materials and procurement expediting experience.
- Turnaround experience.
- Understanding of logistics process in procurement.
- SAP experience preferred - Microsoft Office skills required.
- Experience with vendor communication.
- TWIC Card is required.
- Overtime is required. During the Turnaround, the work schedule is 12 hours per day, 7 days a week, with every 14th day off.