We have an immediate need for a Surveyor in Destrehan, LA.
CONSTRUCTION SURVEYOR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines layout strategies in cooperation with the engineering department, Project Superintendent and Project Manager. May include foundations, above ground piping, underground utilities, excavations, coffer dams, equipment setting, grading, piling, etc.
- May train Project Superintendent, Foremen and Craft Employees at the jobsite regarding the layout methodology established for each site such that the work can progress
- Reads and interpret project drawings and construction plan documents to determine layout requirements of project
- Efficiently operates survey equipment including robotic total station, levels, GPS equipment, and 3D laser scanner
- Performs Quality Control inspection of layout(s) and completes QC forms verifying inspections
- Maintains accurate, legible organized records in accordance to all Operations and Work Instructions
- Responsible for compliance with state board rules, regulations, and laws
- Train company personnel on layout procedures at organized training events
- Maintains As-Built drawings
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / TRAINING (Training or completion of courses will be required if no experience):
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or similar education is a plus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in solo surveying required
- Previous experience with GPS and robotic total stations preferred and layout software experience including Civil 3D and Layout Pro preferred
- LSIT preferred but not required
- Current OSHA or MSHA Certification preferred.
- TWIC card preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook, AutoCAD and ProCore
- Working Knowledge of surveying equipment and layout software
- Knowledge of building construction including soils, foundation both shallow and deep, concrete, structural steel, cold form steel, roof systems, and other components for a fully enclosed water tight building.
- Ability to read and understand project drawings and specifications. Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to work successfully with a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction)
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles
- May be exposed to loud noises
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE):
- Hard hat all times
- Steel toed boots at all times
- High visibility vest or shirt at all times
- Safety glasses at all times
- Hearing protection when appropriate
- Gloves when appropriate
- Fall protection when appropriate
- All other PPE as required for the task at hand
- Travel will be required. Must be willing to travel and work from project sites on a nationwide basis for long periods of time.
- Overtime may be required.
- Shiftwork may be required
- Holiday and weekend work may be required
Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.