Per Sé Group is hiring multiple Instrument Technicians for a long-term contract at our client’s petroleum refinery in the SW suburbs of Chicago, IL. This refinery is a strategic supplier of transportation fuels in the upper Midwest and has a total crude oil capacity of 177,000 barrels per day and manufactures several grades of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, and high-quality hydrocarbon solvents used in the production of paints, adhesives, and coatings. This refinery is committed to safety and environmental stewardship and is an industry leader who continues to be recognized year after year with numerous safety awards. Pay range: $50-$55/hour + $700/week per diem
- Install, test, calibrate, troubleshoot, and repair field instruments including meters, transmitters, transducers, controllers, switches, solenoids, relays, control valves, regulators, actuators, positioners, and instrument loops.
- Service both electronic and pneumatic field instruments.
- Troubleshoot and repair Distributed Control Systems (DCS), PLCs, vibration monitoring systems, and other specialty instruments.
- Perform maintenance per established written procedures. Uses drawings, equipment manuals, procedures, and proper tools to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Document work performed in test forms and condition reports.
- Mark up drawings for as-built revision by drafting based upon field inspection.
- Read schematics and logic diagrams.
- Upload and download field instrumentation data.
- Read loop diagrams, logic diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Stroke valves and calibrate instrumentation per specifications.
- Review and re-writes procedures for instrumentation work.
- Perform online SIS testing on live process equipment.
Desired skills and expertise
- 5+ years of experience working as an Instrument Technician at a refinery (maintenance and/or projects work).
- Two-year degree/certificate from an Instrumentation training program/technical school.
- Experience reading loop diagrams, logic diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Experience with stroke valves and calibrating instrumentation.
- Programmable logic control experience.