Per Sé Group is seeking a Refinery I&C Site Manager to work a contract assignment at our client's refinery in Corpus Christi, Texas. This refinery is one of the most sophisticated and efficient fuel and petrochemical refineries in the nation with a crude refining capacity of approximately 167,000 bpd and a versatile product mix and has been designed, engineered, and built to refine heavy, sour crude oils into high-quality, finished petroleum products. In this role you will support major turnaround, pre-turnaround planning, maintenance and projects. Pay: $70/hr + $700/week per diem.
- Oversee the work of instrument technicians in maintaining, repairing and troubleshooting assigned refinery equipment.
- Provide leadership, planning, and scheduling development for assigned areas.
- Install, test, calibrate, troubleshoot, and repair field instruments including meters, transmitters, transducers, controllers, switches, solenoids, relays, control valves, regulators, actuators, positioners, and instrument loops.
- Service both electronic and pneumatic field instruments.
- Troubleshoot and repair Distributed Control Systems (DCS), PLCs, vibration monitoring systems, and other specialty instruments.
- Perform maintenance per established written procedures. Uses drawings, equipment manuals, procedures, and proper tools to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Document work performed in test forms and condition reports.
- Mark up drawings for as-built revision by drafting based upon field inspection.
- Read schematics and logic diagrams.
- Upload and download field instrumentation data.
- Review and re-writes procedures for instrumentation work.
- Perform online SIS testing on live process equipment.
Preferred skills and expertise
- 10+ years of experience working as an Instrument Technician at a refinery, including 3+ years of experience as an Instrument Technician Lead.
- Experience as a superintendent, supervisor, or manager of Instrument Technicians within a refinery setting.
- Maintenance or projects experience required.
- Experience reading loop diagrams, logic diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Experience with stroke valves and calibrating instrumentation.
- Programmable logic control experience.