Per Sé Group is seeking a Steam Turbine Operator for a two-month contract assignment in Pennsylvania. Our client provides smokeless, odorless, renewable power, utilizing plant-based feedstocks like wood-waste, paper-waste, corn stalks, and Miscanthus for carbon neutral electricity generation. There is the potential for contract extension. One part of this assignment will involve working together with the Boiler Operator and Plant Manager to conduct and record a 48-hour/2-day Power Generation test with propane or natural gas as a pilot fuel. You will be responsible for start-up, operation, shutdown, and servicing of the steam-turbine generator, as well as auxiliary equipment. Pay range: $25-$35/hr + $150/day per diem.
· Operate single-stage steam turbine for start-up, shut-down and maintenance during the testing period.
· Operate the heat exchanger (steam condenser).
· Review and apply Piping & Instrumentation Diagram to the 48-hour test.
· Review, apply, and refine (under guidance of Project Manager and Coordinator) the Standard Operating Procedure to the 48-hour test.
· Create a tooling list and ensure all appropriate supplies and tooling are available for the job.
· Comply with established safety practices (API, NFPA, IEC) during the project period.
· Hands on work and fast repair of any mechanical/electrical issues that arise as a result of testing.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
· 5+ years of experience operating power generation single-stage steam turbines (multi-stage knowledge is acceptable).
· Ability to work collaboratively with Boiler Operator and Project Manager for timely and safe delivery of project milestones.